Sport Why ditching Honda might not solve McLaren's problems

17:26  13 september  2017
17:26  13 september  2017 Source:   Read Sport

Alonso waits on McLaren news

  Alonso waits on McLaren news Fernando Alonso says McLaren face an "important" week as he waits to learn their engine supplier for 2018. McLaren are believed to have decided to severe their ties with Honda at the end of the season with Sky Sports understanding an announcement could be made as early as this week.A switch to Renault engines is being lined up but numerous factors are at play in the complex negotiations between the various parties, with several rounds of discussions taking place over the Italian GP weekend.

Search Menu. Home / Comment. Pot Legalization Didn’t Solve Any Problems .

So – why the problem . Well it would also be sensible to bring the bean counters into the equation. Support = sponsorship. 11 responses to “ Why McLaren should not ditch Honda ”. cavallinorampantef1 May 11, 2017 at 13:11 · · Reply →.

While the world continues to wait for press release confirmation, that McLaren and Honda’s turbulent partnership has come to an end, with Renault power units set to propel McLaren into 2018 and beyond.

The reports are far from surprising. The iconic brands reformed their partnership ahead of the 2015 season – a year after the new turbo-hybrid V6 era of Formula 1 had dawned. McLaren boss Ron Dennis described the early prototype Honda power unit as a “piece of jewelry.”

It was his belief that McLaren could not win drivers’ and constructors’ world titles as a customer entry that facilitated the switch from Mercedes to a Honda supply.

Takahashi in at Red Bull Honda for Portugal and Jerez

  Takahashi in at Red Bull Honda for Portugal and Jerez Honda test rider Takumi Takahashi will join the Red Bull Honda World Superbike squad for the upcoming rounds at Portimao and Jerez. Since the tragic death of Nicky Hayden in May, the Honda WorldSBK squad has run two riders alongside Stefan Bradl. MotoAmerica star Jake Gagne made his WorldSBK debut with the team at Laguna Seca before the summer break, while ex-Ducati rider Davide Giugliano rode the Fireblade at the Lausitzring last month. Three-times Suzuka 8 Hours winner Takahasi has vast experience of Honda machinery from his exploits in the Japanese Superbike series, and is rumoured to be bringing some much-needed support from HRC to the WorldSBK project. “I’m honoured, as a rider who has continuously fought to race on the world stage, that mu achievements and experience have been recognized, and I have been given the opportunity to race in the World Superbike Championship” said Takahasi ahead of WorldSBK debut in Portugal next weekend. “I’ll use all of the experience I’ve gained racing the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2 in the All-Japan championship to aim high and contribute to the team. “I’d like to ride my best in front of the world’s Superbike fans, so I hope they’ll looks forward to seeing me.” Honda WorldSBK Operations Manager Marco Chini added: “He is a very talented rider and this year has really stepped up his game; he is among the quickest riders in Japan.

21 responses to “ McLaren look to ditch Honda ASAP”. I think I might have found the problem , whilst everyone developed a F1 engine, Honda took a different direction. (Sorry guys.. Couldn’t resist this one).

blog 'nickhallett.blogdetik.com' is not exists.

Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport© Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport

Mercedes power was the pre-eminent force at the time and it was an obvious risk to sacrifice the strongest power unit in the field for an untested alternative, but a chance that the McLaren board was willing to take.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. McLaren has ultimately rued that decision and following a three-year stint powered by an unreliable and uncompetitive Honda power unit – in which podiums have been pipe-dreams – the board has been forced to backtrack on its philosophy.

McLaren will be a customer entry in 2018. According to Dennis, who is now retired from both the sport and McLaren’s board of directors, that is a position from which they cannot possibly find success.

How to solve Formula 1's grid penalty fiasco

  How to solve Formula 1's grid penalty fiasco There was a cumulative drop of 150 places on the grid at last week’s Italian Grand Prix, and unsurprisingly in the wake of Monza, there are calls for a reform of the grid penalty system. Most of the proposed solutions involved a deduction in championship points for those teams who cannot keep their cars going reliably. What these ideas ignore is the fact that the grid penalty system is one of the fairest forms of punishment ever used in Formula 1. An engine change will result in the same grid drop for the championship leader as it does for a lowly Sauber. Think back to the 2012 Belgian Grand Prix, where Romain Grosjean launched his Lotus into the path of his rivals at the first corner and received a one race ban and a hefty fine. The FIA’s wording on that incident was that Grosjean had “eliminated leading championship contenders from the race.”, an offence that has not been committed since. But if the grid penalty system was to be replaced, then it’s replacement should aim for a similar level of fairness. As teams often depend on others for engines and gearboxes, any new penalty system should also try to avoid punishing customers more than manufacturer teams. This is made especially difficult by the fact that some teams give inferior equipment to their customers. Sauber has been running the 2016 Ferrari engine this season, but in July signed a deal that would give them the ‘latest power unit specification’ for 2018.

Unfortunately, the website is down due to the owner` s failure to fulfill a contract. If you are an owner of this web resource please contact the support team to solve the problems . Sincerely yours, the administration of Unihost.com.

BK, I can't see McLaren ditching Honda without a sole supply deal from another manufacturer in See how Honda develops and solves the problems first half of season and then make decision Honda and McLaren will be together for years to come and while you may not agree we will know by

They will, however, unquestionably be more competitive. Honda continues to struggle with deployment issues and McLaren drivers Fernando Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne have been forced to endure a package that is reportedly as much as 100bhp down on the Mercedes power unit.

To place that number into perspective, during Renault’s crisis in 2015 their power unit was suspected to have been 60bhp adrift of the Mercedes. Red Bull’s three victories in the past two years alone serve to demonstrate that Renault has not only improved but can also propel a team to the top, albeit not a match for either Mercedes or Ferrari on outright power.

However, it is important to note Red Bull’s position in the power unit politics that has dominated this month’s headlines. Red Bull has worked hard to get Toro Rosso out of their firm Renault contract for 2018 – sacrificing Carlos Sainz Jr to Renault in the process – because they want Toro Rosso to be powered by Honda.

McLaren-Renault deal finalised, Ecclestone critical

  McLaren-Renault deal finalised, Ecclestone critical Sources close to McLaren have claimed that the Woking-based have reached an agreement with Renault to supply power units for 2018. This would bring about the already widely intimated divorce between McLaren and Honda after a turbulent three-year partnership. It has been suggested by sources close to the deal that McLaren have signed a three-year deal with Renault, which would provide the team with engines until the end of this current regulation era. It is understood that there will be technical parity between McLaren and Renault. The associated deal for Toro Rosso to link up with Honda, in an effort both to keep the Japanese manufacturer in the sport and assess the Honda power-unit’s development for Red Bull’s benefit, has reportedly also been signed. It has become apparent that in exchange for an early release from Toro Rosso’s Renault deal, the team was required to make Sainz available to the Enstone outfit. It is widely expected that Sainz will switch teams prior to the Malaysian Grand Prix next month. This further affirmation of the multifaceted deal that has materialised in recent weeks comes after Bernie Ecclestone yesterday linked Fernando Alonso with an extended stay with McLaren amid their new Renault partnership. The former Formula 1 grandee told the Daily Mail: “The Renault deal is all done. Alonso staying is super news. “But I can’t see why McLaren will be any happier with Renault than they are with Honda.

You can add that it’s thought the team’s star driver Fernando Alonso has made ditching Honda a red line for him hanging around for 2018. But even with all this, is getting rid of the Honda unit actually such a no brainer? Might McLaren ’ s abandonment prove regrettable?

Unable to connect. Solving Percent Problems .

Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport© Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport

Long term, having a Honda supply in the sister team will allow them to monitor the progress of the Japanese manufacturer. If Honda suddenly finds a breakthrough, Red Bull has a potential path to leave Renault and become a works outfit itself with Honda.

Being a works team would provide Red Bull with its strongest chance to rekindle the previous pre-eminence they enjoyed. While McLaren has worked their way out of their works supply, Red Bull has shaped a long term option to take up works team status. That has to concern McLaren.

Honda’s departure does at least mean that McLaren can retain Alonso’s star services into 2018 and possibly beyond. Alonso is still widely regarded as one of F1’s elite drivers – considered even to be the very best by a vast portion of the paddock – which means that his contribution to the package is invaluable.

McLaren will now have to raid the piggy bank in order to cover Alonso’s wage demands. Honda has paid his eye-watering salary – suspected to be in the region of $40 million per year – over the past three years. In addition, McLaren now has to pay for their power units. In short, returning to customer status is an expensive decision.

McLaren-Renault: What to expect?

  McLaren-Renault: What to expect? What to expect, and look out for, around the expected Toro Rosso-Honda, McLaren-Renault, Fernando Alonso and Carlos Sainz dealsRather than a 'domino effect' of announcements triggered by, for instance, McLaren unilaterally confirming they are divorcing Honda, it could be that all the pieces fall into place at once.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /brangkas/www/opac/free-contents/db.php on line 10.

blog 'gracemcfadden.blogdetik.com' is not exists.

Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport© Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport Mark Thompson/Getty Images Sport

Expenses that they need to see a return on. It is now a matter of urgency to see an improvement in performance and securing Renault power units will deliver a boost short term.

However, long term consequences of the decision are unclear. Winning a championship as a customer team will be far from straightforward. Red Bull seem to be acknowledging the fact and will be keeping a keen eye on Honda’s progress.

If Dennis was right all along, then McLaren might have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

F1 Grand Prix of Italy© Clive Rose/Getty Images Sport F1 Grand Prix of Italy

Honda take aim at McLaren .
Honda have taken a parting shot at McLaren by claiming they are like a "French cuisine" and "find it hard to adapt to change".In a rare public commentary about their failed marriage, McLaren's much-maligned engine partners have blasted the Woking team after three years of holding council throughout disappointing results.

Source: http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/sport/-205513-why-ditching-honda-might-not-solve-mclarens-problems/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!